Humane Education Programs
Teaching children respect & kindness
for all living creatures.
The Humane Society of Greater Miami Adopt-A-Pet believes that the building of a more kind, just and loving community for the pets and people of Miami-Dade County begins with instilling the values of kindness and compassion. At public and private schools, scouting troops, special needs groups, local libraries, various community youth organizations as well as adult organizations, the Humane Society of Greater Miami teaches the young and old appropriate lessons about kindness to animals, empathy, responsible pet care and the causes and results of pet overpopulation. If you would like to request a humane education speaker to visit your child's classroom or scout troop, please follow the instructions below.
To Schedule a Humane Education Program
To schedule a visit from the Humane Society of Greater Miami’s Education Department, please call 305-749-1820 between 9am and 5pm weekdays.
- If you leave a message, please include the date you would like to schedule a program for and a convenient time for us to return your call.
- You may fax your request to Humane Education Department at 305-696-4434. Be sure to include the date, time, location, age and size of audience and a contact person and phone number.
- Due to the number of program requests we receive, please try to schedule programs at least one month in advance.
- Programs are available Monday through Friday. Unless otherwise noted, programs usually last thirty to fifty minutes.
- Our programs are designed to be presented to one class-sized group at a time (fewer than 35 students). However, we will be glad to schedule up to four programs per day for as many days as necessary to accommodate all interested teachers at your school. We can occasionally make an exception by presenting to an assembly-sized group of older students, but we find that this is generally not as effective.